There are two groups of people in this world. One who gossips,one who actually love to have intellectual conversation. I detest groups of people who gather around,having nothing to say but discussing about other people's life,or to put it in a better word,condemning other people. Much to my dismay.I'd say. I admit that,there are certain circumstances where I have to venture into those conversations with the other girls,just for the sake of fitting in. However,I cannot lie to myself,because frankly speaking,I detest being one of those so-called cool kids. Note that I am not here to criticize other people,because I do understand that I am in no position to judge people for doing or saying things that they love doing.What I'm trying to say is,the nicest way of trying to say this is that,I'd choose intelligent conversations all day rather than to submit to being one of the participants in a gossip room. It would be pretty odd to say that I can't bring myself to be engulfed in a conversations where other girls talks about their crushes or man,or fashion,or shopping or any other girly stuffs,and also the part where they got fired up with excitement talking and condemning other girls .The funny thing is,these people ,they condemn their own friends,they talked about her flaws rather than pointing out her good sides to other people,mostly to people who she barely knows in the group. I pitied those people who has been the subject that came out from these girls's malicious and venomous mouth. Here's a little advice,be very careful with these kinds of people. Because they will most likely talk about you at your back while showering you with praises in front of you.
Now,here comes the nice part of this entry,pardon me for criticizing the people mentioned above.One confession, I get high on intelligent conversations. I always find myself wanting to have a deep,authentic conversations. Those intellectual and stimulating conversations.I surround myself with people who are the same as me,those who can't be bother to talk about other stuffs than for academic purposes.That is why I choose my friends wisely. This is what I learnt from my dear mother.Before I entered university,she reminded me that I have to be wise to pick only a few friends who will push me to be better. To be completely honest,at this age,I don't mind not having a social life,I don't mind at all. Because I know what matters most in life. I only have a few friends,and that is completely fine ,because these people,I can trust them. They have the same deepest affection to having intellectual conversations as me.
To sit and talk about life in a whole new context in which I never discovered before.To talk for hours and about what's really important in life.I love giving other people chances to talk about what they want out of life,because that is when you can see their eyes lights up instantly talking about what they are passionate about. It seems like they can talk forever,and I love that. The confidence they start to have while speaking,it is amazing to be able to listen to them teaching me about life.What I'm trying to say is that,perception is an incredible phenomenon,don't you think?Alright I give you one situation,do you ever just stop and think about how everyone in the world can take in the same surroundings but perceive something entirely different? You and I may live the same life but we get the different meaning out of it.And when you sits down with people who perceives the same exact things in a completely different context,you get to learn from them. That is why I love deep conversations because I enjoy learning and thinking. Friends that I have,we love to provoke new discussions everyday.From global issues,to discussing things like our government,however done in a respectful environment.To engage in one of these intellectual conversations,we can always bring it up casually,and that's the best part. You know,I used to have very deep thoughts about the world and society and stuff ,I care about how people and how this world and how lots of things work and why they work and how they do it,but I could not find a single human being to talk to about these peculiar deep conversations.And when I finally gain a few who actually have the same interest as me,I feel that I am in a position to treasure them.
Here's the thing,if you're tired of having the same hum drum conversation everyday,try engage in conversations about the world and the things that happen in it.Because you see,we are growing up and there is more to life than wasting breath talking about the next party to go or what to wear or who do you want to date . We have the same amount of potentials,and it is up to us to use it wisely at this young tender age. I honestly think that people of this age has to be equipped with useful information in their brain,the kind of information that we can use in the long run. Another thing is,I have nothing against smartphones,but if we could use it usefully to search for things that are worthy of our precious brains,then maybe we would have better things to talk about.
From what I experienced lately,I must say that the society is worrying me. And I need more intellectual conversations ,well that is all for now I suppose,I am in need of my friends. Have a nice day earthlings.
No comments:
Post a Comment
SPILL IT ALL HERE CREATURES