Monday, April 27, 2015

Have you ever cried so hard that you start feeling an unbelievable pain in your chest. But its different this time. The ache is greater, the weight is compressing your chest as if your insides could collapse at any second. Your breathing is no longer steady and you find yourself gasping for every breathe. Have you ever cried so much that you’d do anything to take the pain away. Even though you know that it won’t solve anything, you do it anyways because for that small moment you make it all stop.

__________________

Sometimes, you have to be selfish. Like when the four walls of your room are your only hiding place, or when the thoughts that you tried so hard to block out just won’t leave you alone. Some days, you just can’t bear to look at your reflection in the mirror, let alone spend time with someone else. It’s too hard to make the effort, even if you love them. When your heart is racing, your mind is screaming and nothing will calm you down, it’s okay to be selfish. 

On those days, just do whatever it takes to feel good again.

1 comment:

  1. I had those days...I never knew if I'd make it through but I did.... I still have the occasional day, I usually go to bed and sleep... hoping it will change how I feel...


    ReplyDelete

SPILL IT ALL HERE CREATURES