Now guys,when I mentioned skulls,I would like to ask,what does it mean to you?
More on that later.You see,last couple of days,I went shopping.Well,I never like it that much,I admit that I detest going shopping.It was odd for me to spent hours going shopping,yes it was odd.What the hell has gotten into me oh God.Creatures,I am a lady,and I don't like to go shopping,yes I'm that lame,I'm not like most girls.Because I'd rather spent those times playing video games or go travel or just do anything apart from fancying over stuffs in the shopping malls.
However,that was the time I apparently broke my rules.Not my fault really,it's mom's. She talked me into buying some new stuffs.And I ended up buying lots of T-shirts.Yes,T-shirts,no blouses or dresses because that would surely irks me.Anyway,mom did try to talked me into buying some girly outfit in which I gladly refused.I picked out a T-shirt,an Avenged Sevenfold T-shirt with skulls on it.Showed it to mom and she pulled out that face, the "oh-no-young-lady-you-are-not-going-to-get-this-tshirt-with-skulls-on-it-for-god's-sake-you-re'-a-girl" face,and said "it's a guy tshirt plus it has skulls on it,that doesn't suit you,go get a blouse." But then I refused again,and convinced her that I want that tshirt,no blouse,end of conversation.
Now people,I understand why mom got a little judgmental about that matter.She never judged about the way I dress,but for that one time,she actually did,it's because of the skulls on the t-shirt.Frankly speaking,I don't see anything wrong with wearing that kind of t-shirt.
Why are people against skulls?
For most of you,you might assume that the most common symbolic use of the skull is as a representation of death and mortality.People are against skulls because from the very start,they have this mindset about symbolizing skulls as dark,evil,satanic and death.Little did they know that skull symbolism is the attachment of symbolic meaning to the human skull.
People fail to understand that skulls actually represents themselves,humans.We all have skulls,yes.Sometimes people accepted their initial mindset about skull symbolism without actually accepting the fact that skulls are indeed a part of human,and human is us.I am not against skulls,I love them.You might not get what I am trying to say here but at least I am trying.That's just how my mind works.I don't' feel the slightest bit of guilt wearing anything with skulls,I wear T-shirt with skulls and necklaces with skulls and my desktop wallpaper is skulls.
If fancying over skulls makes you think that I am trying to fish for attention to have people say "uhh she's playing all dark and emo,wanna makes people think she's a tough one."
That's a big no.
I don't have problem with that and I can do what I want.Hey you know whats not cool?its the people who are too afraid to change their mindset about certain things.They stick with what they believe in,like in this case,the skull's case.
They believe skulls represents evil,too afraid to admit that skulls actually represents humans.
They are not open-minded.I am not using skulls to represent myself as this emo girl,I am representing myself,and yes I am proud to say that.You can say I'm a rebel to my own kind,but I stick with what I believe in,even if it makes people go against me because they assume that I am evil for worshiping the skulls LOL.
However,mom,if you are actually reading this,in which I doubt you would but I would like to say sorry for not being as who you want me to be,all girly.Right time will come mom,someday,you'll see your daughter wearing dresses and heels,get married and have kids.But think of it this way,if I happen to change into a real lady,I'll let time do it.Changes are on its way,in the meantime,I enjoy being a 19 year old hardcore baby,because face it,we are only young once.
Cheers to the youth!
No comments:
Post a Comment
SPILL IT ALL HERE CREATURES